Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which the BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data pursuant to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) ("the Act")
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, signing up for membership with us, attending any events hosted or organised by us, or utilising any of our benefits, you agree and consent to BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE, as well as its representatives and/or agents (collectively referred to herein as "BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE", "us", "we" or "our") collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to our service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our BMW Car Club Singapore Facebook Group or Website. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
This Data Protection Policy was last updated on 1st September 2019.
1. Personal Data
- In this Data Protection Policy, "Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
2. Collection of Personal Data
- Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application, registration or other forms, when you provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our benefits and attend our events
- when you interact with our administrators, including any Registered Member, for example, via telephone calls , letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
- when you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- when your images are captured by us via cameras or similar equipment while you are at our events or Preferred Workshops, etc., or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events at our events;
- when we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us, including for our benefits and/or events, for example, from business partners, and the relevant authorities; and/or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- When you browse our Facebook webpage and/or website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not automatically collect Personal Data at our website unless you provide us with such information.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to any other individuals (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of these individuals to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure to do so on your part may result in our inability to provide you with the benefits and/or participation in any of our events you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Generally, BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries, feedback, complaints and requests;
- verifying your identity;
- managing the administrative and operations of BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE and complying with our bye-laws, club rules, internal policies and procedures;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for profiling purposes for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our Club;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations and obtaining legal advice; and/or
- purposes which are reasonably related to those purposes stated above.
- In addition, BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the nature of our relationship:
- If you are an existing or prospective member of BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE:
- processing your application for BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE membership and assessing your suitability as a member (including publishing your name and picture on our Facebook and/or website);
- providing our members with services and support and managing the membership (including but not limited to providing you with access to our social media platform interacting channels, processing your payments and transactions and tracking debt recovery);
- publishing pictures and videos of BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE members on our website for publicity purposes;
- creating and maintaining our members’ profiles in our database (including but not limited to publishing membership movements in our Facebook and/or website);
- organising events and courses and organising and administering meetings (including but not limited to taking attendance and recording minutes); and/or
- purposes which are reasonably related to those purposes stated above.
- Furthermore, where permitted under the Act, BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following “BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE Additional Purposes”:
- providing or marketing additional services and benefits to you, including but not limited to special events, promotions, updates and reward programmes from BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE and administering and organising contests, lucky draws, promotional events, competitions and marketing campaigns;
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine preferences and demographics for us to offer you services as well as special offers and marketing programmes which may be relevant to your preferences and profile; and/or
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated to us that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s) then from time to time, BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE may contact you using your Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our benefits and/or events.
- You can withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials/communication by contacting us using the contact details found below.
- Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our processes. During this period of time you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication from us. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we may still contact you in relation to the services that you have requested from SSC.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
- BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- third party organisers of events or competitions that you sign up for;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, technical services, training, market research, security or other services to BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE;
- our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes; and/or
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor's IP address, and a visitor's click stream information and time stamp.
- Cookies are small text files stored in your computing or other electronic devices which allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electronic device.
- Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
6. Contacting Us – Feedback, Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, you can approach us via the following channels:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer or your company), you should contact such party directly so that they can make any queries, feedback, complaints, and access and correction requests to BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE on your behalf.
- If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, BMW CAR CLUB SINGAPORE may not be in a position to continue to provide its benefits and/or participation in our events to you or administer any contractual relationship which we may have with you. This may in turn also result in the termination of any agreements which you may have with BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. BMW CLUB OF SINGAPORE’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
7. Governing Law
- This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.